Irish round towers irish cloigtheach singular cloigthithe plural literally bell house are early medieval stone towers of a type found mainly in ireland . The round towers of ireland 18 40 meters in height built in the 8 to 12 centuries and generally found in the vicinity of churches and monasteries were used as bell . The survival of so many irish round towers is a tribute to the monks who built them writes paul ross along with the harp and the shamrock the round . Why were irish round towers so tall and what were they used for find out about the history and images of the round towers of ireland
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.